Thursday, November 1, 2018

Missing The Master


I sure am missing my dad, Tom Neyman, lately.  I have missed him all along but lately it feels more like he's around and sometimes it seems I can almost see him.  As with many families, we had a complicated relationship.  He was a deeply creative, deep thinking and often troubled man and I always knew he loved me even through the many years we were not able to be together or communicate it. 


I've talked about this on occasion and I'll talk again on it soon but Manos The Hands of Fate really was the catalyst for dad and I to have time together in his last couple years.  Manos related visits gave us time and gave us joy.  The extra features we filmed for the Manos restoration, my book "Growing Up With Manos The Hands of Fate" and our new film, Manos Returns all exist because of that now fifty two year old terrible film and it's rediscovery by Mystery Science Theater in 1993.





Several significant dates are coming up this month. The  Novenber 15, 1966 premiere of Manos The Hands of Fate.   Tom Neyman, The Master  November 23, 1935 to November 12 2016  https://news.avclub.com/r-i-p-tom-neyman-the-master-from-manos-the-hands-of-1798254319.

Manos held the title of worst movie ever made for many years and then was named the all time MST3K fan favorite at the 2016 November Turkey Day Awards.  Perhaps it's time to name a day in November as Manos Day.  Hmmm?

So, if somehow you haven't seen it yet, or you're feeling nostalgic, you can sit down right now and watch it on Netflix.  MST3K on Netflix



I was in Denver a couple weeks ago for The Mads Are Back show, some recording with The Revival League Podcast and a book signing at a very cool video store The GoreHounds Playground.  While there, I made some wonderful new friends, hung out with old friends and  connected on new projects and ideas.

One the the best things that came from that trip is that now I have an Agent/ Manager.  I believe a number of MST fans know her as the  former Promoter/Agent for The Mads are Back and for opening the door for The Mads at The Alamo DraftHouses around the country.  Zoe Plait is already booking my first show and I can't wait to share the dates and times soon.   I'll take the
restoration of Manos to theaters and Universities with live commentary of the making of Manos from behind the scenes while pointing out the on screen mistakes that were not viewable before the quality of the restoration.  We'll also offer Manos Returns for a double feature and of course, a question and answer period afterwards. Getting our first booking now and very excited to share the updates as they come in. 

I went to a double feature of both films locally at the Darkside Cinema in Corvallis Oregon  https://www.facebook.com/events/2202531306663923/ along with two of my other Manos returns producers, Tonjia Atomic Director and Joe Sherlock Director of Photography.  A few of our cast and crew were there also.  It was a blast watching both films with an audience and feeling the love. 

There are many other things I want to share in the Manosverse but for now, I've got to get back to the doing of it all but promise to be back soon with more.  Thanks for reading!







6 comments:

  1. Dưới đây giải đáp những thắc mắc mà nhiều người vẫn thường hay đặt ra trong cuộc sống.
    - Rắn thạch anh có độc không?
    - Rết có độc không?
    - Thạch sùng có độc không?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you put to make this kind of excellent informative website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this site from my pal who informed me concerning this web page and now this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative posts here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must understand one thing very clearly. Stiff global competition throws unique challenges at organizations on a day to day . the type of employees required by such organizations is, who never feel flummoxed or flabbergasted, regardless of how dire things could also be . If you're ready to deal with the troubles, then only you'd be ready to devise a trouble shooting plan. Employees, who gawk within the wake of troubles or problems, usually find yourself being gnawed by them, which causes enormous losses to the organizations.
    scrum master interview questions and answers

    ReplyDelete