Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Debbie Makes a Living...but not the way you know it.


So.  How does a self employed creative person make a living?  Although I have, for all my life collaborated with other creative people, I can not say how their financial revenue stream manifests, because I don't know.  Of couse, as children, I would assume they were supported by their parents... but how DO artistic humans coalesce the world of practical reality with the place where dreams are made?

 I was taught by my parents that if I could think of it, I should at least give it a try. They constantly demonstrated through expressing their own creative ideas in a number of directions.  They primarily made their livings as a teacher and a Boys Club director, but all the "not working at a paying job time" was devoted to charity work of addressing poverty, the womens movement, community theater, art and home renovation.  Things were contantly in motion in our lives and I understand myself more clearly through the lens of that perspective.  I am who I am because of it.

Here are some of, but not all the ways I live my joy, make a living and spend my time.

I teach painting classes and my mission statement is, we are "Kindergardners with Cocktails"  The only rules are, "Don't mix up your drink with your paint water"  and "you must be like a kindergardner and can't put yourself down"  Just play and be in the moment.

I had a long career doing custom painting and faux finishes and still do a few jobs for old clients that don't want to let me go.  Cool with me.  Pays some bills and keeps me in better shape.


My own art make me happy.  The more I reveal of myself through my art, the more we can relate to one another.                                                     

                                                           Jackey's Art




Making movies with friends.  


                                          and on Tonjia Atomics new film "Raw Meat"



Interviewing Grant Baciocco, Puppeteer at Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the Mystery Science Theater Revival League Podcast 



My own new podcast
 Jackey's Hand of Horror Podcast




                                 Guest appearances on The MST3k Revival League Podcast

                        https://soundcloud.com/mst3krevivalleaguepodcast


                                                                             
                                                   

                                                           Primal Rage

                                             A small acting role and a location coordinator
                          Patrick Magee (creator) and I in front of the theater at the world premiere
                Jay Lee (Director of Photography) and I inside the theater at the world premiere


                      my book...and if you would like an autographed copy, follow the link

                                                  https://www.paypal.me/JackeyNeymanJones/22 
 

Manos Returns our sequel film to Manos The Hands of Fate has it's world premiere at Crypticon Seattle on Friday night May 4 at 9 pm.  Can't wait to share it.

                                                      Manos Returns


This is a busy year with Manos Returns coming out and being a guest at a number of events.  Hope you can come meet me at one, and keep watching...lots more on the horizon.


Cinema Wasteland  Cleveland, Ohio   April 6, 7, 8th

Crypticon Seattle  Seattle, Washington  May 4, 5, 6th

Meadowlark Comic Con  Medford, Oregon  May 12th

San Diego Comic Con   San Diego, California  July 19 - 22




No comments:

Post a Comment